Monday, November 16, 2009

Weight loss journey

I had ordered a Healthometer weight tracking scale from Walmart.com about 10 days ago. Well today it arrived and I picked it up at my local Walmart. I am excited about losing weight. I didn't think I had made any changes but guess what I have. Today is two weeks since I started my weight loss program and I already lost 6 pounds. It may not seem like much but to me that is a huge deal. I have the problem of eating when I am totally bored or for any reason actually.

I still need to put a workout together so I can lose more weight and help to tone my body. I am not a big fan of exercising so this is a personal challenge of mine. I really want to exercise and I know it is healthy for me but I get "LAZY" when it comes to exercise. I have been doing some crunches and trying to keep a schedule of 3X per week. Let's see how I manage that one.

I have also cut back on how much I eat. I have actually cut the portions in half and eat less. I am trying to drink lots of water so far I think I manage 40-80oz a day. I still enjoy lots of my favorite foods but I cut back on the portions. That way I don't feel like I am on a strict diet or anything. Because once I get off this program I want to be able to manage my eating habits. I have heard when people stop this type of program they gain their weight back and it is doubled. I do not want that to happen to me.

I am hoping to lose a total of 80+ pounds by the end of this program. I have not decided how long I am aiming for at this time. I want to lose the weight but not too quickly as it is not healthy.

Here is my status so far:
Monday 11/02/09 ~ 201 lbs.
Monday 11/16/09 ~ 195.4 lbs.


No comments:

Post a Comment