Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wednesday's Walk ~ I Remember When....

If you want to join in the fun, just hop over to Jenilee's blog by clicking on the button, and link up your memory. Any memory at all works.

I Remember When......

I can remember the very first time I met my fiance. 
 (He is the one in the red shirt)
I was packing and cleaning the house I was moving out of. I was with one of my friends at the time we went to my storage to put stuff in there. Well as many of you may or may not know I am a recovering alcoholic/addict. I am going on three years clean and sober in August. I am most proud of. That is another story.
And the two of us (her more than me) was looking for our next fix. As I had to "pay" her for helping me, some friend. Anyways she seen this guy on his bike and yelled out to him. I stopped the car as she chatted with him. He went to the empty house and we chatted. She introduced us and he seemed pretty shocked to know it was me. I did not know if it was because I got a bad rap from my former boyfriend. (He was a cheating boyfriend and I got blamed for just about all the things that went wrong in his life. Now that is another story to tell.)
I am still curious as to his first thoughts of me ( my fiance). I think I will ask him when he gets home from work. Anyways that was the first time I met my fiance and I am proud to say we have been together for 2 years and have a beautiful baby girl together.

I just want to say that I am proud of my recovery and I have come a long way. I also wanted to change and make my life better for myself and my kids. So if you know someone struggling with alcohol or drugs don't give up on them. They may want to change and may have lost all hope in doing so. They need the support and love from family and friends.
 I do not forget where I have come from and I do not look down on those with any type of life's problems, nor do I judge, as only God can Judge. I do believe everything happens for a reason and I sure have gone through so much during my life, which as made me the strong person I am today. I also like to help others by sharing my stories with the hopes of touching someone's heart in any way to help save them.

That is one of my memories and I will be sure to do Wednesday's Walks to share more memories, who know I may help someone in the process.
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog!
Thanks for sharing your memories with us and linking up today! Feel free to follow along for more memories each Wednesday!


6 comments:

  1. that an awesome story!! Good for you - 3 years - that is wonderful. Thanks for linking up with a memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your header, very cute! You do have an awesome story! Congratulations on 3 years of being sober that is awesome! God is good isn't He? I wish you the best on your upcoming marriage. Thanks for sharing your memory with us.
    Lyn @ Southern Homeschool Journey
    http://southernhomeschool.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog and what a great memory. Congrats on 3 yrs too. That's AWESOME !!!! Best wishes on your upcoming marriage. {{HUGS}}
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you've been there, you are the best one to help another in that situation. We all have our histories that may be different from one another. But I for one am so thankful for God's grace. And I always desire to extend that grace to others. Great photo and memory to share.

    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your victory. I can imagine what a battle it can be. But God is faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading your Wednesday's Walk. Sounds like destiny to me. :)

    Congratulations on stepping away from those additions. That says a lot for your ability to endure and grow through life. I can't imagine how it must have been. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete